Do you have your ACE Exporter Account set up? Why do you even need one? If you file Electronic Export Information (EEI) with the U.S. Census Bureau, or have others file on your behalf, then all of your information is available through reports in ACE. All exporters must set up an Automated Commercial Environment account, also known as an ACE account. Although this platform has been in place for quite some time, it can still be quite confusing to access the needed files.
Or how have you been doing compliance wise? Do you have a record of everyone filing on your behalf? How many filings have you had? Is there a growing lane or commodity that you can share with your Sales or executive team? Don’t let the unknow prevent you from using this useful tool. Down below, we have listed out a more simplified step by step guidance that will assist you in setting up your ACE Exporter Account.
If you don’t have an ACE account, you can create one using your Employer Identification Number (EIN). Follow the steps below to Request a New Account.
- Read through this link to get started.
- Take time to fill out the ACE Export Account Online Application. Once approved you can access previous and future filing data to create your reports!
- For more step by step information, you can download the Exporter Account Quick Reference Guide.
Important: ACE Exporter Accounts only apply to the U.S. and U.S. territory.
If you have an existing ACE account, follow the steps below to access your files.
Creating an Export Account for Current ACE Account Users
- At the top of the screen, click on Account.
- Under select Account Type click the drop-down menu and select importer, then press go.
- Below the Account Selector List click the bubble labeled IR Number.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Account Number, then click go.
- A name should appear with a plus sign, click on the plus sign.
- You’ll see an 11-digit IR account number, write down the first 9 digits.
- Return to the top of the screen under Task Selector, click on the drop-down menu, click on exporter, then select go
- Under Select Task, click on Create Exporter.
- On the right side of the screen select continue and type your name and 9-digit EIN number, then click continue.
- After you put in the following information (Exporter Name, Address etc), click continue.
- Click continue once again and you’ll be taken to a new screen click Create.
- Enter in your information again and select Save and Continue.
- Enter in your PO Box or street address, then select continue.
- You will see “Address has been standardized” in red, press continue.
- On the next page click save.
- You will arrive at the next screen that says, “exporter has successfully been created”, click OK.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the refresh button in the accounts row.
- Click on the plus sign and your name
- Click on the name.
You will see that on the right side of the screen your authorization for reports is now authorized.
If you would like to watch a step by step video click here.
To Request Access to EIN Data for Export Reports follow the instructions below.
- On the top of the screen Click on Accounts.
- Under Select Account Type, click the drop-down menu and select Exporter, then click go.
- Create an Exporter Account, select continue.
- Fill out information steps 1-4 and click continue.
- Fill out your address, then click continue.
- Select create.
- Fill in first and last name again and select save and create.
- Fill in your address once again plus your telephone number.
- Click on continue and then save.
- The next screen will say Exporter has successfully been created, click OK.
- Under Account Selector List, select the EIN bubble and under the drop down button select Account Number and click go.
- Under Accounts, click on the plus sign, you have now created your EIN number.
- You will see that your Authorization for reports is now authorized on the bottom right.
- To the far right, click on Request EIN Reports Authorization.
- There will be a message with a link under Exporter, click on the link.
- You will be taken to the US Census Bureau website. Under “After You Submit Your Request”, follow and complete steps 1-4, to access ACE Exports Reports successfully.
To watch a video demonstration of these steps, please click here.
For your logistics, transportation, warehousing, and customs brokerage needs, A Customs Brokerage is an experienced partner. We have refined our processes and mastered our services for over 40 years. Contact us today to tell us about your specific needs.